Midland Asphalt Materials Inc.
A History: 1934 to Present
Midland Asphalt was established in 1934. The primary office was located in Buffalo, New York with storage and plant facilities in the nearby city of North Tonawanda. The company provided liquid asphalt products and application services for highway construction and maintenance to local municipalities.
In 1961, Midland re-organized under new ownership to become Midland Asphalt Corporation. Production commenced on a full line of paving grade asphalt emulsions, both anionic and cationic.
In 1993, Midland Asphalt Corporation and Penn Can Road Materials, Inc. created a co-company – Lyons Asphalt Products Co., LLC. The Midland/ Penn Can joint venture re-activated the facilities after a two season “shut down” by Chevron.
In February of 2000, Barrett Paving Materials, Inc. acquired Midland which then became Midland Asphalt Materials Inc. By 2005, the Midland group included Penn Can Road Materials, Oswego Asphalt Corp and Adirondack Asphalt Inc. Midland continues to supply liquid asphalt, asphalt emulsions, and related products and services necessary for highway construction and maintenance in New York State and northern Pennsylvania as well as specialized processes throughout North America.
Midland Asphalt Materials Inc. has introduced many innovative products and processes to the market including: FiberMat®, NovaChip®, EcoPatch®, and FastTack®.